On Thursday 11 June 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
> 090611 Philip Webb wrote:
> > You can test this by restoring the settings in KDE,
> > then without rebooting check they're there in Fluxbox,
> > then reboot & see what has happened, presumably they wb lost again.
>
> Actually, there are  2  possibilities, at user login & at reboot,
> so both need checking separately.

I've rebooted twice with same kernel (gentoo-2.6.29-r5) and the settings seem
to have stuck.  Not sure what I've done differently before to cause the
settings to be lost.

Its worth mentioning that I have experienced a few kernel oops with this
kernel and xorg, which I have not yet resolved and I am not sure if an
ungraceful shutdown might have contributed to the kde settings being lost.
Will keep an eye on it.
--
Regards,
Mick