090608 Philip Webb wrote:
> 090608 Mick wrote:
>> I seem to have installed kde-base/mimelib, I guess as dependency:
>> <eix> kde-base/mimelib
>>  Installed versions:  3.5.10(3.5)(20:11:53 06/07/09)(-debug -elibc_FreeBSD)
>> I also tried changing fluxbox for kdm (in case this is a fluxbox WM issue)
>> and restarted X with kdm.  Ran kbuildsycoca, but same error again.
> I always 'startx' from a raw terminal.
> I recompiled  kcminit kfind kpersonalizer kreadconfig  & rebooted,
> but there is no change in Krusader's behaviour.

After the usual night's sleep to clear the cerebral tmp files
I thought of starting the new day in KDE to try fixing things there.
I swapped to my KDE version of  ~/.xinitrc  & then did 'startx'
& yes the desktop menus & the panel menu had vanished.
Then I started Krusader, got the 'open with' box for a text file
& told it to open the file with Leafpad: it did some updating & obeyed.
After that, the other default 'open with' apps worked as before
& the KDE menus had been restored.  To get Apwal back with L-mouse
I had to use the KDE Control Centre 'desktop behaviour' & re-apply it.

So everything is back to normal & Krusader behaves properly on Fluxbox too.

HTH anyone else.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca