Am Sonntag 09 August 2009 21:23:27 schrieb Mick:

> I am looking at saving the mp3 files presented in Konqueror when looking at
> the contents of an audio CD.  Although I can play/copy .wav files fine, I
> cannot play .mp3 files shown in Konqueror.  All I get is a hiss no matter
> which player I use.

What konqueror presents is just a virtual view. You cannot play anything else
than the .wav's from a CD, because they're the only ones representing the real
data.

If you have the correct encoders installed, copying the other files to some
other place will encode the selected audio track(s) and store the result in
the destination directory.

> What do I need to do to be able to copy mp3s out of a CD?

The correct encoders. See the audio cd section in KDE's system settings.

HTH...

        Dirk