On Sunday 09 August 2009, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Sonntag 09 August 2009 21:23:27 schrieb Mick:
> > I am looking at saving the mp3 files presented in Konqueror when looking
> > at the contents of an audio CD.  Although I can play/copy .wav files
> > fine, I cannot play .mp3 files shown in Konqueror.  All I get is a hiss
> > no matter which player I use.
>
> What konqueror presents is just a virtual view. You cannot play anything
> else than the .wav's from a CD, because they're the only ones representing
> the real data.

Oh, I see.  When I copy an mp3 file I get a file which is 4.5MB large, so I
thought that it has real music in it.

> If you have the correct encoders installed, copying the other files to some
> other place will encode the selected audio track(s) and store the result in
> the destination directory.
>
> > What do I need to do to be able to copy mp3s out of a CD?
>
> The correct encoders. See the audio cd section in KDE's system settings.

This is what I can see under kcontrol/audiocd:

http://gentoo.michaelkintzios.fastmail.fm/audioCD.png

I guess these settings are not enough on their own.  What else should I add?
How do I specify the necessary encoders?

--
Regards,
Mick