On Aug 16, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Roy Wright wrote:

Went ahead and added the kde-testing overlay. Then moved /etc/ portage/kde and /etc/portage/sets to /tmp. This allowed "emerge - uDNav world" to not have any stoppers.

Using the overlay for the new sets solved the upgrading.

The new features seem very problematic, for example assigning wallpaper to activities just doesn't work and just using activities seem to make the desktop extremely flaky. Some plasmoids (like calendar) can be dragged from a panel to the desktop but some (like calculator) can not. Then the upgrade re-enabled the stupid desktop search which maxes a core forever (at least an hour which is when I disabled it). Also had to change the plasmoid theme back to oxygen from the new air. Surprisingly the rest of my customized environment seemed to have survived the upgrade...

Thanks everyone!