On Wednesday 26 August 2009 05:10:18 meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Sorry, I'm not following what you're trying to say :P
>
> jpeg-7 is masked, Without it any update process stops with this
> failure. jpeg-7 needs itsself to update jpeg-7 (according the output
> I posted).

Incorrect. Something else is pulling it in and you snipped that output. Your
initial post only says that emerge wants to include jpeg and it won't emerge
version 7 as it is unstable and your box is stable.

It's from some package that specifically wants jpeg-7 as opposed to just jpeg.
Most likely netpbm which is hardcoded to DEPEND on jpeg-7.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com