On Thursday 03 September 2009 21:04:06 Maxim Wexler wrote:
> > NAFC.
>
> New anagram for me. Not As Far...?

Not A F..king Clue

:-)

> >But if you give me an account on that box I can have a look for you.
> > I'll send you a public key.
>
> Can't grok. If I have an "account" on this box it's news to me. How
> and what would you be looking for?

Well, you basically said "mpd doesn't work. Why?"

To which the best answer is "I haven't the foggiest idea". But, if I could log
into the machine in question and run a shell, I'd be in an excellent position
to give a sane answer.

Don't read too much into it. I felt like taking the mickey out of someone and
today was your turn :-)

> > Or, you could look in your logs and tell us what you see. You might have
> > to tell mpd to start logging errors first.
>
> Not doing it now. I followed the wiki and made the log_level "verbose"
> did a restart and just got a lot of 'database: get song' lines.
>
> I've heard this from others. mpd known to change it's behavior from
> boot to boot.

Without some form of sane output message or a well-known bug, it's not
possible to diagnose what you might be running into.

I personally have never heard of mpd doing different things between boots.
Changing configs and not restarting mpd - yes. Random changes - no.

mpd works just fine for me and is rock-solid here.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com