Erik a écrit :
I have a strange problem when trying to connect a telephone
(SonyEricsspm C702) as a mass storage device.I have 2 such telephones,
let us call them Black and Green.

I could always connect Black. KDE showed that it had detected the device
and offered to open system:/media/sdb1 (the memory card) and
system:/media/sda1 (the builtin memory).

But with Green, I never get any popup in KDE.

On a work computer (with Microsoft Windows XP), the telephones behave
identically; they work.

I use Linux 2.6.30-gentoo-r6. I attach some output from
/var/log/messages for the 2 telephones:

Google result from
"Sony Eri Memory Stick" "hostbyte=0x05 driverbyte=0x00"

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=548343

Of course, this may not be your problem but worth comparing phone firmware.

Good luck.
Carlos