Hello list,

My wife has a nice new Asus 1005AH and I'm installing Gentoo on it so that
she won't have to struggle with the likes of Lookout Inarush.

I've spent several days so far exploring blind alleys while getting the box
to boot with a working Ethernet connection; eventually I discovered that I
had to go to gentoo-sources-2.6.31, and I now have a running text-mode
system.

While messing about at the weekend I found a frame-buffer mode I liked, but
now I can't reproduce it. The graphics chip is an Intel 945GME Express, I
have intelfb and i2c-dev compiled into the 2.6.31 kernel, and this grub
entry:

root (hd0,4)
kernel /kernel-2.6.31-gentoo root=/dev/sda6 video=intelfb:mode=1024x600
softlevel=no-x

When I accidentally hit on the configuration I liked, the display started at
the standard 80x25, then when it got to "Waiting for uevents to be
processed" the screen blanked and then continued in something like 60 lines
(I didn't actually count them); finally at udev-postmount the line length
was changef from 80 to something like 120 (I didn't count that either). A
very pretty display, clear as crystal.

Can anybody point me to the config I need? I've tried google of course but
no joy there.

--
Rgds
Peter