On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:18:15 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:

> >> From that file :
> >>   # override default of no subsystems
> >>   Subsystem       sftp    /usr/lib64/misc/sftp-server
> > What do the logs on the server show when you try to connect?
>
> I'm logging into one of my accounts on a university system,
> so AFAIK I have no access to their logs.

Then how did you access the sshd_config? Or were you looking at the file
on the client? This file is used to configure the server. The easiest way
to tell should be to ask the admins if SFTP access is permitted.

--
Neil Bothwick

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.