On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 04:37:15PM -0500, Penguin Lover Harry Putnam squawked:
> Can any one tell me how to copy with mouse (really the left mouse
> button provided on the touchpad) but paste from keyboard while in text
> (console) mode?  Or using the touch pad thing somehow.  I've tried
> pressing both touchpad buttons at once to emulate middle mouse but it
> has no effect.

In console the copy-paste is provided by GPM. And I thought GPM paste
is right mouse key, not middle key. And I am also pretty sure that GPM
does not do third button emulation the way X does.

I think a possibility is that you have plugged in and used a mouse
with three buttons. This forced gpm into 3 button mode, so that the
middle button becomes paste and right button is extend selection. Then
you poor two-button touchpad has no more paste.

To prevent that edit /etc/conf.d/gpm and add APPEND="-2" to force gpm
to stick with 2-button mode.

HTH

"Do you all understand? At this point I'll settle for quiet acquiescence."
~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1019 days, 22:12