On Mittwoch 30 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
> 090929 Paul Hartman wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:04 AM, Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
> >> The one exception is Konsole, which is a shadow of 3.5.10 ,
> >
> > According to changelog the KDE4 version of Konsole has added :
>
> Quick reactions, further advice welcome :
> > automatic tab titles (shows current directory) -- trivial

and very usefull

> > split screen mode -- yes, mb useful, but similar to tabs

no.

> > performance increase on scrolling large terminals -- don't need it

yes, you need it. You don't realize you need it. Slow scrolling has a lot of
drawbacks not just 'it is not as fast as I want' but also 'it is not as fast
as the process dumping info wants'

> > runs all Konsole sessions from a single process -- useful for what ?

memory consumption?

> > can use personalized profile in embedded Konsoles -- don't need it

you maybe not.

> > easy SSH session bookmarking -- can't find it

log in via ssh, click on 'bookmarks' click on 'add bookmarks'. You are done
(or not, but in that case, edit bookmarks, you are done).

> > much improved search -- no sign of it (present in 3.5.10)

emm - no

> > real transparency -- don't need it

you maybe not. But a lot of people like it.

> > new themes -- don't need them (I use Fluxbox)

konsole themes, not window manager themes.

> > open your GUI file manager in the current directory -- trivial

and still not done by a lot of terminals.

Oh, and opening the webbrower when right click 'open' on a web adress....

> A much longer list of schemas, start root console, search (see above),

search? what search is missing?