On Monday 12 October 2009 18:01:49 Dale wrote:
> > All disabled folks have funny stories to relate :-)
> >
> > I work at an ISP and there's 1 (yes, just one) disabled bay on our
> > entire  parking level. A disabled colleague uses it but there's a special
> > kind of idiot in the building that things his SUV is shaped like a
> > wheelchair (guess where he parks).
> >
> > What he didn't know is that my colleague works in Security. He's the
> > firewall  admin, the VPN admin, the packeteer admin and all sorts of
> > other admins too. It real funny, every day Mr. Special parks in the
> > disabled bay, his internet doesn't work.....
> >
> > We're still waiting for the penny to drop. It's hasn't yet :-)
> >

> I don't have the little thing so that I can park in the disabled parking
> spot, yet anyway.  I do think it is funny that the guy can make him pay
> for parking where he is not supposed to tho.  Down here, they write
> tickets and you get to pay a good size fine for that.
>
> Dale

I live in the deep south of darkest Africa and we do things differently here
:-)

The cops can't be bothered with tickets so it's up to property owners to
police the bays. A mate used to manage a supermarket, and had the usual big
sign that non-disabled people parking in the bays would have their wheels
clamped and would have to pay a donation to the disabled society to have them
unclamped.

One day an idiot refused to pay. So he tried to drive off anyway. In a brand
new Mercedes. Caused about ZAR15,000 damage to his wheel arches rather than
admit he was wrong and cough up ZAR200 :-)

Darwin gets them all in the end :-)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com