On Wednesday 14 October 2009 18:55:34 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Dale schrieb:
> > Does a Vic 20 count?  It had 4K of ram.  I bet KDE 4 would run fast on
> > that.  LOL
> >
> > At least it wasn't running winders.
>
> I remember upgrading my 8088 from 128 kB to 640 kB, it was about 50 EUR
> (back then there was no EUR, sure) ..
>
> I feel kinda old thinking of this ;-)
>
> And today I got 2 new servers at a customer, 64 GB RAM each ... modern
> times ...
>
> At least there I know how to make use of it ...

At least this OT thread isn't as insanely OT as the checksum one :-)

My first computer was a Sinclair Mk14 - even earlier than the ZX80. You had to
build it yourself and it had 256 bytes of memory. And a 7-segment LED
calculator display. I could play moonlander on that :-)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com