Volker Armin Hemmann schrieb:

> I remember standing in front of two Sun servers with 4gb each a couple of
> years ago.
> I was stuck in awe. So much ram.

Yes. I remember as well.

"Why 128 MB RAM in that workstation? Are you sure we need that much? It
costs!"

> Today my desktop has 8gb - and I am thinking about 16 in the next 12 month.

What for? Just to get back to the initial topic of the thread ;-)

In fact I don't even feel very adventurous with those 64 GB per server
... the hardware/board would allow 128 GB and the OS/app even more ...

It somehow shifts ... back then 64/96/128/256 MEGAbytes were BIG, now we
just get used to swap the unit: GIGAbytes, yeah, *yawn*  ....

;-)

Stefan