On 10/19/2009 9:44 AM, Dale wrote:

I just added -eds and this is what I get:

r...@smoker / # emerge -uvDNa world

Calculating dependencies ... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy
">=net-libs/libsoup-2.25.1:2.4[gnome]".
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- net-libs/libsoup-2.26.3-r3 (Change USE: +gnome)
(dependency required by "dev-libs/libgweather-2.26.2.1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-2.26.3" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "app-office/openoffice-3.1.1" [installed])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

Did this emerge actually show that openoffice was being built without the "eds" USE flag? Did you possibly add "eds" to a local /etc/portage/package.use file for openoffice that's overriding your global USE settings?

The eds USE flag is the root of your problem:

openoffice[eds] requires evolution-data-server, which requires libgweather, which requires libsoup[gnome].

Try this:

USE="-eds" emerge -upvtDN openoffice

It should show openoffice being built without the "eds" flag and evolution-data-server not included in the dependency tree at all.

--Mike