Am 27.10.2009 00:50, schrieb Alan McKinnon:

> I think it's about time we let this hal thing drop though

Even hal developers came to this reasons and droped it ;-)

So WHY change everything to hal now if hal will be replaced in near
future anyway?

I changed keyboard and mouse layout back from hal and evdev a few weeks
ago because hal crashes for me all the time and there was more then one
time when I was sitting here and starring at the graphic login screen
unable to do anything because with hal died at bootup there was no
keyboard and mouse to use.

I really, really hate hal so much..

Greetings

Sebastian