On 10/30/2009 09:23 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Freitag 30 Oktober 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
There was an update to Gtk+ today (from 2.16.6 to 2.18.3).  After
performing the update, Firefox (3.5.4) is slow as molasses when
scrolling in some pages.  Example:

    http://www.simplemachines.org

(Try to scroll up/down).

Anyone else noticing this or is it just me?  I'm on AMD64.  I've rebuilt
xulrunner and Firefox after the Gtk+ update just in case, but it didn't
make any difference.

do you have a bigger page with more scrolling showing the problem?
because it seems to be fine here.

I forgot to mention that the problem is only really apparent with "smooth scrolling" enabled (Preferences->Advanced->Use smooth scrolling). It was a bit slow before the update too, but nothing serious, but now it's *extremely* slow.