Why do you need anything in the kernel commandlindline?  Everything is
done either in the kernel config or in hibernate.conf.  "make menuconfig"
on my machine goes like so...

Power management and ACPI options  --->

  [*] Power Management support
  [ ]   Power Management Debug Support
  [ ] Suspend to RAM and standby
  [*] Hibernation (aka 'suspend to disk')
  (/dev/sda6) Default resume partition

  Your system should have /dev/sda5.  I ran "emerge hibernate-script"
and then executed "rc-update add hibernate-cleanup boot" so that when
the machine comes up from "reboot" or "halt -p", it doesn't try to load
the swap file as memory state.

  Here are the uncommented lines in my hibernate.conf.  The last 4 lines
are specific to my machine, and may not apply to yours.  It works great
for me.

TryMethod disk.conf
Distribution gentoo
DownInterfaces auto