On Nov 11, 2009, at 10:36 AM, Albert Hopkins wrote:

So my advice is: pick and branch and stick with your own kind. It's far fewer headaches in the long run. And "unstable" isn't really unstable,
it's "untested".  There's a difference.

Also keep in mind that it's the ebuild that is "untested". The package is usually what upstream has released as stable.

My advice is if you are willing to upgrade at least weekly then go "untested", if you are willing to upgrade at least monthly, then go "stable", else really be willing to work thru some hard upgrade scenarios.

HTH,
Roy