On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
> Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
>> Neil Bothwick schrieb:
>>
>>> I'd emerge @system first, then reboot and make sure everything works
>>> correctly before updating the rest of @world.
>>
>> Good point, yes ... hmm, it was half way through @world ... now I do
>> @system and will see what happens. Thanks for the hint, I should have
>> thought of that.
>
> I interrupted my @world and finished @system first, rebooted ok, then
> finished @world, added some revdep-rebuild-runs on the way (some
> stoppers inbetween, but nothing too serious) ... now I am through and
> have my complete ~amd64-box.
>
> So far nearly everything seems to work (only half an hour usage so far,
> we'll see ...). I will add another reboot now and have a look at the
> minor issues.
>
> Additional thought: /etc/portage/package.keywords should be useless now, hm?
>
> Greets, Stefan

Useless? well, not exactly. ~amd64 marked packages in it are
redundant, but every box I put wine on runs git builds
(=app-emulation/wine-9999 in the portage tree), and as such has to
have a "=app-emulation/wine-9999 **" line in package.keywords to get
around being "masked by missing keyword." Of course, this also
involves me knowing full well that, in the process of any rebuild of
wine, I could end up with a terribly broken install and potential data
loss, as is true of running anything from sources that aren't even
being released as "stable" even by the upstream developers.

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy