Mick wrote:
Hi All,

I was using mplayerplug-in until it was substituted in the tree for gnome-
mplayer. I was happier with mplayerplug-in because I could also access the stream/file in /tmp/ and save it, resize it, replay it, etc. With gnome-mplayer all I get is a socket in /tmp which I can't access directly - mplayer won't play it. The embedded video is always at maximum size filling up the browser window and at poor quality videos the picture deteriorates. On top of it I find gnome-mplayer is a bit clunky with regards to its controls (I can't just drag the cursor to watch a previous point in the video as smoothly as I could with mplayerplug-in). Is there a better alternative, more akin to the mplayerplug-in?

If you have Firefox installed, you can use 'download helper' to grab those videos really easy. It works on youtube and other sites really well.

Dale

:-) :-)