On Monday 23 November 2009 09:20:32 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Alan McKinnon schrieb:
> > nvidia-driver and multi-monitors will NOT work with USE="-
xinerama"

> > TwinView uses the xinerama protocol to do it's stuff, it
doesn't
> > mean it uses the xinerama app to render onto large screens
composed
> > of multiple monitors
>
> So you have xinerama in make.conf, correct?
>
> Right now I rebooted without xinerama, looks a bit different, but
works
> ... but I prefer the other way.

You are misunderstanding. There are two things with the name
xinerama - one is an X protocol to allow multiple screens to chat
with each other, the other is a chunk off code to do it.

nvidia-drivers uses the former. When you say "I rebooted without
xinerama" you are trying to do the latter (I have no ide how you
would do that, but still).

So. Do not run xinerama. Do put xinerama in USE.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com