> I recently moved my local home directory to an nfs-mounted directory.  Now I'm
> having trouble with kmail.  It seems that the permissions on
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/sent-mail/cur are being... changed...

How are you mounting the drive?

If it's in fstab, do you have the right options set for the mounting
permissions and filesystem permissions after mount?

Your output of an ls isn't that useful without knowing the working
directory (besides that those question marks are strange).

What about the permissions of /home/mdiehl before and after mount --
in particular, does it change (and does your user have rwx permissions
on it)?

Regards,
daid