Success on compiling OOo!

I'm quite certain it was the ebuild, and that making it use the
internal redland and not the system redland was the issue in my case.

However, I've undone my changes in the ebuild and began compiling
again so that I can confirm it fails with only that change.

I had also rebuilt redland, but as I told OOo not to use the system
redland, that's why I'm checking again with the default ebuild.

Presuming my guess here is correct, then I need to make a bugzilla
post on the matter.  That's probably true anyway since I got the
message:

  * QA Notice:
  * Package openoffice is breaking /usr/share/config permissions.
  * Please report this issue to gentoo bugzilla.
  * Permissions will get adjusted automatically now.

But that could be from my tinkering in the ebuild as well.

My assumption on the cause of the problem is that I'm missing some
dependency of redland that OOo expects, and it's not called in
explicitly by portage.  Either that or somehow I diffed my own install
(would be news to me).

> FWIW, here's what I have (my OOo build works fine):
>
> dev-libs/redland-1.0.9-r1
> dev-java/lucene - 2.3.2
> app-office/openoffice-3.1.1   (bash-completion cups dbus gstreamer gtk java
> kde ldap -mono -odk)

These are the same as mine, with the exceptions that my lucene is
slotted and my OOo has less USE flags.

Regards,
daid