> Somewhere in this thread was a mention of a failed patch.
>
> Where version of patch are you using? If it's 2.6, downgrade it as 2.6 is
> horribly broken
>
> http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2009/12/01/gentoo-service-announcement-keep-clear-of-
> gnu-patch-2-6

There was some patching things that caught my eye related to redland.
However, I found out that it was applied in both OO.o-3.0.0 and
OO.o-3.1.1 and so I assumed it was not to blame.  I can't remember if
I actually posted about it in my brainstorming.

In any case, I have not modified patch since dealing with the OO.o
problems, and:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/patch-2.5.9  USE="-static" 0 kB

Thanks for the notice, though.

~daid