Xi Shen schrieb:
sorry, could you be more specific? i cannot follow you ;)

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thursday 17 December 2009 09:47:14 Xi Shen wrote:
hi,

i installed my gentoo on a usb HD disk, and i have compiled scsi, usb,
ata drivers into the kernel. but when boot, the system still cannot
find my usb hd, but it did find my hd on my laptop. what i missed?

You missed the filesystem driver for / compiled into the kernel

1. please don't toppost!
2. What alan said: have you compiled ext4 or whatever you use for your root-fs
compiled _into_ the kernel?
3. Suggestion from me: have you _all_ usb-staff, you need to access the usb-hd
compiled _into_ the kernel? (e.a. usb_storage) not as module!

Steffen