Peter Ruskin wrote:
On Sunday 10 January 2010 23:45:13 Dale wrote:
Stroller wrote:
On 10 Jan 2010, at 19:05, Neil Bothwick wrote:
Most reasonable people
agree that KDE should have supported KDE 3 for at least a few
more months.
Do you have a citation for that? Preferably one that doesn't
define reasonable people as those that think KDE 3.5 should
still be developed :)
reasonable people = those who agree with me.
Not really, those who said that BEFORE I started having problems
at all.

Dale

Dale, I felt the same as you when they dropped KDE1 for 2, then again when they dropped KDE2 for 3 and now that they've dropped KDE3. We get used to a way of working and don't like the change.

Having loved KDE1 I've got used to KDE3, even though some things don't work as well as in KDE1 - a lot of things have been included that weren't there before (K3B for instance).

I've learnt to be irritated by this but accept it as inevitable.

Again, I am being misunderstood. This is not because I don't like KDE 4. Even when it first came out and was buggy as heck, I thought it was cool. Heck, I'm looking forward to using KDE 4, whenever it works and does what I need a GUI to do. It's not change that bugs me at all.
Just to clarify here, I'm not against KDE 4 at all.

Dale

:-) :-)