Hello,

I have previously used keychain as per the gentoo docs.  Once I
supplied the SSH passphrase at the console I was able to access other
machines without providing a password.

I have just started using gnome and am logging in using gdm.  When I log
in I am not asked for a passphrase.  If I start a screen session in an
xterm I'm prompted for my passphrase.  Then I start a new xterm and use
it to ssh to another machine and a dialogue opens asking for the
passphrase.

I would like to know how to configure gdm/gnome to ask for the
passprhase once, at login so that I don't have to enter it multiple
times.

Thanks,
Roger