Hi Alexander,

Alexander <b3n...@yandex.ru> writes:

> On Friday 29 January 2010 19:45:53 Roger Mason wrote:
>>
>> I would like to know how to configure gdm/gnome to ask for the
>> passprhase once, at login so that I don't have to enter it multiple
>> times.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roger
>>

> try to install app-crypt/seahorse and maybe app-crypt/seahorse-plugins

I have seahorse installed and it is in the list of startup apps under
Preferences.  I _am_ being asked for a _passphrase_ when I try to ssh to
another machine (although the dialogue calls it a _password_).  I have
no idea which application is popping up this dialogue.  Having supplied
the passphrase I can ssh to the remote machine without being asked again
for the passphrase.  However, if I then open an xterm on my local
machine and start an xterm inside it I am prompted for the passphrase
again, on the xterm, not in a dialogue box.

Thanks,
Roger