On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 01:31:26AM +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote
> On Donnerstag 11 Februar 2010, Roy Wright wrote:
> > IMO, mandatory semantic-desktop is a very good reason to find another
> > desktop manager (even after being my primary desktop for 7 years).
>
> yeah good luck with that. Because gnome is moving in that direction too.

  There are other desktops besides GNOME and KDE.  Actually I prefer the
ICEWM window manager.  I was running a 1999 Dell 450mhz PIII with 128
megs of *SYSTEM* ram until the summer of 2007.  Let's just say that
GNOME and KDE were out of the question for me.  On my current desktop,
ICEWM flies.  But I also have a netbook, and again GNOME and KDE are not
usable.

> Seriously guys, you start sounding like luddites. Is new, must be bad.

  Correction, is fat, bloated, and slow, must be bad.  I wonder if
Microsoft's anti-linux strategy is to have its agents infiltrate the
linux developer community, and turn linux into bloatware.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>