On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:15:04 +0100, Damian wrote:

> > I found this by looking in the cups init script.  It should help.
> >
> > depend() {
> >    use net
> >    need avahi-daemon dbus
> >    before nfs
> >    after logger
> > }

> I've tried putting "after mpdscribble"  without success. Also the
> problem with this approach is that if I update mpd, I will have to
> modify the init script again.

That only means that is mdscribble is in the runlevel, start mpd after
it. Try "need mpdscribble". The handbook and one of the man pages explain
these options.

You can add /etc/init.d to CONFIG_PROTECT and remove it from
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK in make.conf.

Or you could remove mpd from the default runlevel and call both the init
scripts from /etc/conf.d/local.

--
Neil Bothwick

You are a completely unique individual, just like everybody else.