On Monday 15 February 2010 00:04:21 Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Stroller
>
> <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 14 Feb 2010, at 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >>  poppler isn't in my world file:
> >>  Are you suggesting the I unmerge poppler and then do a
> >> revdep-rebuild (or emerge -DuN @world) to get it reinstalled without
> >> this problem?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Stroller.
>
> Well, it's an interesting result, or I'm just getting tired.
>
> I really think that I tried emerge --depclean earlier and it didn't
> fix the problem. After emerge -C poppler/emerge poppler I was left
> with the same failure in eix-test-obsolete but this time emerge
> --depclean did get rid of the 4 virtuals.
>
> I don't know. I suspect now that I never did emerge --depclean.

Possibly. --depclean removed virtual/poppler here, leaving the real poppler
package that was in place.

FWIW, tinkering with poppler won't break anything much. It's just a pdf
rendering library, not critical. If you remove it in error, emerge -1 will put
it back :-)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com