On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 16:22 +0100, Andrea Conti wrote:

> AFAICT this is all you need to know -- you definitely have two software
> (mdraid) RAID 1 volumes:
>
> md100 with hda2, hde2 and hdg2 as members
> md101 with hda5, hde5 and hdg5 as members
>
> Both arrays seem to have lost a member (I guess hdc2 and hdc5 respectively).
>
> Honestly I don't know what is the point of running RAID1 volumes with
> four mirrors, but that seems to be the way it was configured.

strange, I'm pretty sure I didn't configure it like this - however it
has an inbuilt snapshot feature so maybe that's what the mirrors are
for...

I'm having some luck chasing up the original CDs so I think I'll try
that first.

thanks :)

If it smells it's chemistry, if it crawls it's biology, if it doesn't work
it's physics.