[snips from daid / Willie Wong]
> > evince will take an arbitrarily long time to print documents that are long
> > or have big figures.
>
> That's odd. I use evince at work (though not on gentoo; work computer
> is a heavily customized version of scientific linux) and I don't have
> the printing problem.
[snip]

[also sorry if I used HTML formatting earlier, sometimes it is turned
on for me and I forget]

It could have been this crazy pdf I was printing, which was one of the
first times I was really using evince a lot since other things were
also complaining.  I had pdftk'ed different files, and I think some of
them were like US Letter and others were A4 and others weren't
specified.  Well, I kind of erased that experience from my memory, but
I know almost everything on different OSes didn't like what I'd done,
whatever it was.  So this could be a very bad test case.  There was
something else in my mind from testing it that made me kind of shiver
in a bad way, but I forget.  It should be a good program from what I
know, however.

> > The interface for xpdf is pretty lame (especially default printing), but
> > it's quick as demons chasing bats out of hell.
>
> But it works. It is my pdf viewer of choice at home.
[snip]

I'll check out what I can do for printing from it and maybe making it prettier.

> You probably know this already, but gv doesn't work too well a lot of
> times.

Yeah, I kinda forget, but I assume it wasn't removed from my world for
no reason at all.

> Unfortunately there aren't that many pdf viewing softwares to choose from.

We seem to be doing well so far!

~daid