On Thursday 04 March 2010 04:02:56 Xi Shen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Thursday 04 March 2010 02:27:40 Xi Shen wrote:
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.3. and i found nepomuk, along with
> >> some other packages, are using 4.4 version. is it correct?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Nepomuk is slotted like KDE. I suspect you are running a stable system
> > and have added nepomuk to packages.keywords and it is now pulling in
> > latest ~arch nepomuk
>
> oh, i guess it all my fault. i tried to emerge kde 4.4 once, but
> failed. i did not have time to resolve the error. so i rolled back to
> kde 4.3, and did a simple emerge -uvND world. i think this did not
> help me roll back the packages that were updated when i was trying to
> emerge kde 4.4.
>
> how should i roll back those miss updated packages back to 4.3? or can
> someone tell me if kde 4.4 is pretty stable to use for desktop?

4.4 is as safe to use as 4.3 (or equally broken depending on your point of
view).

If you run an arch machine, then remove all the KDE stuff out of
package.keywords and let emerge -avuND world do it's thing. Don't try and run
unstable KDE on a stable machine, you end up with too much stuff in ~arch.

If you run an ~arch machine, then do nothing and let emerge -avuND world do
it's thing.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com