How tied is the current app-schema implementation to feature chaining. I too
think that having an app-schema backed by an actual ORM is a very enticing
idea. But I don't have enough of knowledge of app-schema to know if that
would be something integrated directly into app-schema, or something that
sits parallel to it as a hibernate data store of sorts?

Justin Deoliveira
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org