Hi,

I might be able to help with regards to loading GML into suitable format
for use with GeoServer such as PostGIS using ogr2ogr. I've written a
wrapper script in Python to load Ordnance Survey GML data into any of the
formats OGR can write to which is available on GitHub:
https://github.com/AstunTechnology/osmmloader. While it was written with
the Ordnance Survey data in mind it can in practice be used to load any GML
data that needs some preparation so that it fits the simple feature model
(simple rows and columns). You would no doubt need to write a small
preparation script in Python specific to your data which exposes the
required attributes as simple text elements, you can look at
https://github.com/AstunTechnology/osmmloader/blob/master/python/prep_osmm.pyfor
an example.

Hope it helps,

Matt.