On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM, John Callahan <john.calla...@udel.edu>wrote:

> I was under the impression that GS 2.2.x ran fine under Java 7?   The
> recommendations for Java 6 was during the early releases of Java 7.     I
> have been running GS 2.2.4 with Java 7 (along with GeoNetwork) without
> problems (yet) on Windows 2008 Server, although I haven't really pushed
> things.   For my organization, the security concerns related to the version
> of Java trumps which version of GS to use.

It mostly works fine, but there are a few things that definitely break with
Java7, for example
some parts of security.
The 2.3.x series is the first that received _some_ testing on JDK 7, and
got fixes accordingly,
but the only officially supported JDK is still 6

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead