Hi,
Yes, the documentation is sparse in that area unfortunately.

Something like the following may do it. I've not tested it. Note that it's
SLD 1.1. You can remove the namespace stuff for SLD 1.0.

          <se:Geometry>
>             <ogc:Function name="pointN">
>               <ogc:PropertyName>SDO_GEOMETRY</ogc:PropertyName>
>
>   <!--round the result of 0.75 * numPoints as it may be a float-->
>               <ogc:Function name="round" />
>     <!--Get point 3/4 the way around by multiplying. No div by 0 error
> chance -->
> <ogc:Mul>
>   <ogc:Literal>0.75</ogc:Literal>
>               <ogc:Function name="numPoints" />
>  </ogc:Mul>
>   </ogc:Function>
>             </ogc:Function>
>           </se:Geometry>

Should get you started at least.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On 20 June 2014 13:49, shariq <md.shariqk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I wan't to place a symbol on the boundary of the ellipse at the top.
>
> In my question I had pointed two filter functions (numPoints and pointN)
> which I guess could be useful but I don't know how to use them. I could
> find
> any documentation on their usage.
>
> If someone has idea about how in SLD we use a filter function (numPoints)
> which returns a value(n) and then performing an arithmetic operation on
> that
> return value (3/4*n), please suggest.
>
> thanks

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain confidential, sensitive or personal information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify
the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us, including
without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or
monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.