Jody Garnett wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This is what I found in the (version 2.1.0) sources, at the beginning of
MySQLDataStoreFactory.java:

/* Copyright (c) 2001, 2003 TOPP - www.openplans.org.  All rights
reserved.
 * This code is licensed under the GPL 2.0 license, availible at the
root
 * application directory.
 */

Always wondered where that code had gotten too - GeoServer has a history of trying out some ideas (like the validation module) and then donating the code to GeoTools (with a change of license). In each case we have asked permission and they have been very agreeable. A couple years ago they put up a poll about changing license, although I am not sure if anything came of it.

You can change that header for sure, it was just a mistake. Anything of TOPP's that's in GeoTools is LGPL. I think I just have two slightly different shortcuts for running jalopy, one for geoserver, one for geotools, and accidently hit the wrong one for mysql.

Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project
http://topp.openplans.org
begin:vcard
fn:Chris Holmes
n:Holmes;Chris
org:The Open Planning Project
adr:;;377 Broadway, 11th Floor;New York;NY;10013;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:VP, Strategic Development
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://topp.openplans.org