Reviewing release notes:
https://github.com/locationtech/jts/releases/tag/jts-1.16.1 show
HilbertCode and MortonCode (new functionality), improved InteriorPointArea
performance/robustness and some bug fixes.

While we took on this upgrade to solve a bug reported during our RC testing
I I am not interested in delaying this release if folks are uncomfortable.
We can back out this upgrade and apply it after the release.