Ciao Andrea,
I doubt it depends on differences between 2.3.0 and the actual code,
but I want to check.

Since the timed code contains a write operation performed using
ImageIO directly it might be and old version of ImageIO giving
problems, or the absence of the native codec for PNGs, or difference
of performance on a different platform (I only tested on windows for
the moment).

With a bit more info, I will try to spot the source of these problems.
Simone.

On 2/5/07, Andrea Aime <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Simone Giannecchini ha scritto:
> > Ciao Steve,
> > I need a couple more info about your platform:
> >
> >> java version
> >> os
> >> JAI and ImageIO version
> >

> > I ran your example as it was (well, to be honest I removed the line
> > where you were showing the created coverage) and I got the following
> > execution time:
> >
> > PROCESSING TIME: 7.86 SECONDS
> >
> > I am using geotools 2.3.x compiled from SVN.
> >
> > If you provide me with more info, I can try to spot the cause of your
> > problems.
>
> Simone, may it be that the changes performed after the 2.3.0 release
> account for this speed difference?
> Cheers
> Andrea

Eng. Simone Giannecchini