Hi Simone/Andrea,

I'm using:
Java jre1.5.0_04
JAI installed from: jai-1_1_3-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe
ImageIO from standard Java API - no native installs

I isolated the slowness to this line in GridCoverageRenderer:
            graphics.drawRenderedImage(finalImage, cloneFinalWorldToGrid);

After some googling, I found this resolved Sun bug report:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do;jsessionid=8d01140ef3bea515d4807d013cfa:YfiG?bug_id=5073407

However, this should be fixed in my JRE version and the example code
with the bug report runs fine for me.

I'm now going to try with the nightly snapshot.

Thanks for looking into this,
Steve

Simone Giannecchini wrote:
> Ciao Andrea,
> I doubt it depends on differences between 2.3.0 and the actual code,
> but I want to check.
>
> Since the timed code contains a write operation performed using
> ImageIO directly it might be and old version of ImageIO giving
> problems, or the absence of the native codec for PNGs, or difference
> of performance on a different platform (I only tested on windows for
> the moment).
>
> With a bit more info, I will try to spot the source of these problems.
> Simone.
>

> On 2/5/07, Andrea Aime <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Simone Giannecchini ha scritto:
>> > Ciao Steve,
>> > I need a couple more info about your platform:

>> > I ran your example as it was (well, to be honest I removed the line
>> > where you were showing the created coverage) and I got the following
>> > execution time:
>> >
>> > PROCESSING TIME: 7.86 SECONDS
>> >
>> > I am using geotools 2.3.x compiled from SVN.
>> >
>> > If you provide me with more info, I can try to spot the cause of your
>> > problems.
>>
>> Simone, may it be that the changes performed after the 2.3.0 release
>> account for this speed difference?
>> Cheers
>> Andrea

>> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
>> security?
>> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your
>> job easier.
>> Geronimo

Steve Ansari
Physical Scientist