Ciao Matt,
please read below...

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Matt Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK...I found RasterSymbolizerHelper (and some helpful example code on the GT
> website!), and I'm getting a color GeoTiff now.  However, it appears that
> the opacity information from my SLD does not get applied to the GeoTiff.
> The entire image has an opacity of 1.0, but I have part of the color map
> with opacity 0.

The RasterSymbolizer does not handle himself the opacity for the
output coverage but it leaves that to the GridCoveageRenderer in order
to prevent the creation  of an intermediate image.
I am realizing that it would probably be better to control this
behaviour throuh a Hint so that we can use the RasterSymbolizer more
in a standalone way.

However, from your words it seems that your problem is related to
applying a colormap with transparency not to the transparency of the
whole image. Am I right?

> Also, it appears that the CRS that I have applied to the
> GridCoverage (WGS84) does not make it into the GeoTiff correctly.  I have
> checked it with both gdalinfo and ArcMap, and neither indicate that the
> GeoTiff is WGS84.

I definitely need an isolated test case to check what you are trying
to do and to see if you ran into a bug.
I can provide an ftp address where you can also put some test data.
Is that feasible?

Simone.

> Have a good weekend!
>
> Matt
>

> Matt Foster wrote:
>
> Hello Simone,
>
> I think I see how to do that using
> RasterSymbolizerSupport.recolorCoverage(), however, RasterSymbolizerSupport
> seems to be missing in 2.5M2.  It's in the online javadoc, but it is neither
> in my 2.5M2 jars, nor in the 2.5M2 javadoc I downloaded.  Do you know why
> this is?  Should I be using something besides RasterSymbolizerSupport?
>
> Matt
>

> Simone Giannecchini wrote:
>
> Ciao Matt,
> steps below...
>
> -apply the rastersymb (you should be able to do so :-) )
> -create a geotiff writer for a file
> -do a write supplying your grdicoverage to the geotiff writer.
>
> Simone.-
>
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Matt Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> If I have a GridCoverage2D and a RasterSymbolizer (with ColorMap) is there
> an easy way I can get a color GeoTIFF?  I'm using 2.5M2.
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Matt
>
> --
> The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be.
> -- Carl Sagan

> --
> The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be.
> -- Carl Sagan

> --
> The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be.
> -- Carl Sagan

Eng. Simone Giannecchini
President /CEO GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Carignoni 51