Thanks Simone.  Switching to CRS.decode() from DefaultGeographicCRS fixed it.  All of my other clients acquire the CRS correctly now.

Matt

Simone Giannecchini wrote:
Ciao Matt,
thanks for the effort, I am already looking it into this issue.

First suggestion though, use CRS.decode("EPSG:4326") instead of
DefaultGeographicCRS.WGS84, this makes easier interoperability with
other software.

More suggestion will follow :-)

Simone.