I am unclear on how DefaultGeographicCRS implementation of
CoordinateReferenceSystem works and whether what I am observing is
correct behavior.

I have the following code:

                String srsName = "urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG:6.0:4277";
                CoordinateReferenceSystem crs = CRS.decode(srsName);
                String srsName1 = crs.getName().toString();

What I was expecting is that srsName1 would be the same as srsName that
was used to create the CoordinateReferenceSystem. What I am observing is
that srsName1 is "EPSG:OSGB 1936".

Why is the behavior the way it is? Where in a CoordinateReferenceSystem
instance can I find the name that was used to decode the
CoordinateReferenceSystem?

TIA for explaining this.

--
Regards,