Hey all,

I've upgrade my postgresql version to 8.3.1 (from 8.2.x), and loaded
it with the EPGS data, for using in geotools. While this used to work
with version 8.2, this doesn't with the new version. This is the error
i receive:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not
exist: integer = character varying
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1548)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1316)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:191)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:351)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:255)
        at
org.geotools.referencing.factory.epsg.DirectEpsgFactory.createCoordinateReferenceSystem(DirectEpsgFactory.java:1847)

Looks like Geotools is comparing a string with an integer. The string
is my case '4326', and the integer is the same. This is the error in
my postgres logfile:

STATEMENT:  SELECT COORD_REF_SYS_CODE, COORD_REF_SYS_NAME,
AREA_OF_USE_CODE, CRS_SCOPE, REMARKS, COORD_REF_SYS_KIND,
COORD_SYS_CODE, DATUM_CODE, SOURCE_GEOGCRS_CODE, PROJECTION_CONV_CODE,
CMPD_HORIZCRS_CODE, CMPD_VERTCRS_CODE FROM
epsg_coordinatereferencesystem WHERE COORD_REF_SYS_CODE = $1
ERROR:  operator does not exist: integer = character varying at character 276
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You
might need to add explicit type casts.

Do you guys have any clues or solutions?

grtz and thanks!

Wouter Schaubroeck