Hello again Martin

OK, so I compiled GeoTools from the source (I was just happily using
Maven jars until now) and modified those lines in DirectEpsgFactory and
AbstractEpsgFactory. Everything works now, and I can reproject data and
coverages and all to EPSG:4291!

As a note to whoever is reading this and has the same problem: while
debugging I ended up seeing that I had to change the return value for
the 9108 code, although my original EPSG code was 4291. Not sure why,
though..
It ends up like this:
    case 9108: return Units.DEGREE_MINUTE_SECOND;
becomes
    case 9108: return NonSI.DEGREE_ANGLE;

Anyway, Martin, if you have any other info on how to use that hint (or
anything else) to reach a more elegant and "non-intrusive" solution, it
would be great!

Thanks again for the support. Really appreciate it!
Milton