I'm guessing that a new ESPG plugin module could be set up using this API..
personally I would
not consider using it, as it comes with the assumption that the internet
connection is available,
fast and reliable, which is sometimes not the case... GeoServer needs to
run also in airtight environments
with no internet connection at all, but other applications that already
consume other remote services
could benefit from having a smaller distribution footprint (the database is
a few MB big).

Cheers
Andrea

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 8:41 AM Roar Brænden <roar.brenden...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see there are a new RESTful API at epsg.org called GeoRepository API.
> Here is a link to the documentation.
> https://apps.epsg.org/api/swagger/ui/index
>
> And it seems very promising, but if there are any initiatives to use it
> within GeoTools isn't good to say.
>
> Best regards,
> Roar Brænden
>

> 16. sep. 2022 kl. 02:40 skrev John Doe via GeoTools-GT2-Users <
> geotools-gt2-users@lists.sourceforge.net>:
>
> The IOGP seems to have greatly improved their schema and approach to
> releasing the EPSG database. The proj project has migrated to it and done
> away with their old text definitions. Does GeoTools have plans to read from
> it soon?

Regards,

Andrea Aime

==

Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions Group
phone: +39 0584 962313

fax:     +39 0584 1660272

mob:   +39  339 8844549

https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/

http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail